January 5th, 2011 posted by admin in New Year's Goals
Hey I hope this blog post finds you in the best of spirits as we start 2011. I know you are use to the “weekly video blog” but I decided to change it up a bit and write on this week. I think it’s important for YOU to have GOALS. There’s no better time than RIGHT NOW to determine what your personal and business goals are for 2011. I’m going to give you a little tip on how to get that done, but first I will let you read my goals for 2011.
1. Family Time – Last year I was just traveling way too much. Being on an airplane every week isn’t a wonderful lifestyle. I saw many great places and met many new people, but I feel like I missed out on a lot of time with my family. This year one of my goals is to stay home and not travel near as much. I want to spend time with my family simply because they mean more to me than all of the business I could get done being out of town. Maybe I should just call this one “create a better balance between work and personal time”. This is probably my number one goal for 2011.
2. Media M – I’ve had this company kinda limping along now for quite some time. It’s a great idea and it’s something that all businesses both large and small could benefit from for sure. It’s simply an advertising agency with a spin or twist. I’ve been so busy I just haven’t had the time to get this off the ground, but I feel confident that in 2011 I will accomplish this goal. I’ve always wanted to own my own advertising agency and do it “my way” so this is a great opportunity for me to accomplish a goal I have had for quite some time. So in 2011 I plan on having Media M really hit the map!
3. New Books – I have found that writing a book is both exciting and therapeutic. I guess when you are really into what you are writing you sort of get lost for moments at a time and forget anything and everything that you might be stressing about simply because you are so focused. Maybe that’s why most authors write so many books? I never thought I would be the one writing book after book, however, I am now seeing it in a different light. This year I want to write my third book on a subject that is really close to my heart. It’s actually something I have been doing since I was about 12 years old. I’m getting started on it now so I should have it complete within a few months I suppose.
4. Speaking Tours – I have spoken at quite a few events over the past year or so and it’s been a lot of fun. I enjoy meeting people and sharing stories about successes and failures with them. The best way to learn more about what your students want is to simply listen to them and speaking at events allows me to do just that. Obviously I don’t want to speak to many times (that would break goal #1) but I do want to become more active in the speaking community and possibly speak at some charity events and things of that nature.
5. Focus On Domain Name Investing – You’ve probably seen emails from me about buying domain names (www.PurchaseYour.com) in the past so you are familiar with what I am talking about. Domain Names are like virtual real estate which means they are great investments. I have purchased quite a few over the past few years but only managed to pick up a handful of good ones in 2010. In 2011 my goal is to buy at least 50-75 good premium domain names as investments. If you want to purchase some you can visit www.PurchaseYour.com and just bookmark it like I have done. **Hint if you don’t already own www.YOURNAME.com go grab it!
These are my top 5 goals for 2011 so here’s where it gets fun! I want you to list your top 5 goals for 2011 right here (just post a comment below). I will probably reference to you this page in the future, making sure you are on track to complete your 5 goals. It only takes a few seconds for you to list your goals, but I have found if you write them down you have a better chance of completing them. However, if you make them public (like on my blog here) your chances of completing them increase even more!
Want A Chance To WIN $50 –
Step To Complete:
1. Post a comment and list your top 5 goals for 2011
2. Click the Facebook icon to the top right and share your post on Facebook!
3. Click the RETWEET Twitter icon on the top right and retweet this post!
If you complete ALL 3 STEPS I will enter you to win a $50 Advertising Coupon (you can use it anywhere) which should help you jump start your new year success. I know thousands of people will read this post, but how many of you are willing to complete 3 steps and possibly win free $$ for advertising?