2009 Charity Event For Burn Center Kids
Our ChristmasForKids.us charity was out and about shopping early this year. On December 2, 2009 we worked with the Mississippi FireFighters Association for burned children to help them experience a better Christmas and put a smile on their face. I have to say being around these kids is so touching and so inspiring to everyone. Each one of them has their own personal story of how they got burned and how it’s changed their lives completely. There are kids here who spilled hot coffee right on their head and are burned from top to bottom. Their are kids who’ve touched hot stoves, irons and so many other things. It really makes you think about how blessed you really are each and every day you wake up.
I personally was very lucky! Last year I wrote on my blog (READ HERE) about a little boy who had just been burned when we met. He was playing at his parents campfire outside right before Thanksgiving when someone through liquid in the fire causing it to engulf some dried out leaves and then ultimately his face. Last year Cameron wouldn’t really speak much to me. He was very embarrassed by his appearance and the burns on his face after all I met his literally two short weeks after it took place. His mom told me at that time he didn’t want to go back to school and he didn’t want to be in front of any people.
When I walked in this year Cameron was there! It was quite amazing because I didn’t even recognize him. He looks so much better he almost looks completely heeled. He was much more talkative this time and I even got him to do some video clips for my website (because he wants to watch himself online) and we got him to do a spot for the local radio encouraging more people to donate to this wonderful cause. Cameron and I shopped for about 30 minutes because he knew exactly what he wanted a PSP, games, remote control car and some motorcycle thing that I can’t describe lol. After shopping his mom told me how this event really has changed their lives and the help of all of us in this organization has really been such a blessing to their family.
That’s what it is all about simply touching other people’s lives and helping to give these kids something to smile about. When you wake up in the morning and expect to have everything and the perfect life it’s important to realize there are people less fortunate. There are kids, just like Cameron, who simply didn’t catch a break and now they are dealing with a very traumatic event at a very young age. I am happy to say that Cameron looks great! He feels great and I bet he’s going to enjoy watching himself on the Internet as soon as a post the video.
So Cameron this post is for you buddy. I had a great time with you and your mom…. your story is going to help inspire so many people around the world to give back and help other people. I know your personal changes from last year to this year are also inspiring so many other kids who are going through what you went through last year. You are truly a blessing and such a great kid! I hope to see you next year.
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 at 4:56 pm and is filed under Helping Others, News & Updates. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
- Affiliate Marketing ROCKS! If you are not doing it you should! 2012-10-10
- Want to write killer PPC ads? Simply write to elicit an emotional reaction from readers. Your click rate will sky rocket! 2012-10-10
- Visualize what you want and you can obtain it. 2012-10-10
- Go on a news diet! Remove negativity from your life and keep a positive mindset. This will help you grow and create success. 2012-10-10
- Be thankful for today. Use it to its fullest. Listen, Learn, Implement and push forward to your success and reaching your goals. 2012-10-10
- Need your Twitter following to grow? Try using http://t.co/PeEYZ5mH that's what I use! Grab it here http://t.co/DNcqOGUC 2012-10-10
- Education is the key to prosperity. Educate yourself today. 2012-10-10
- Lets make 2011 a rockin year! Educate yourself as much as possible. It is the key to success. 2012-10-10
- Check us out at my live! community. http://t.co/OqDLKiqC join today and learn about marketing online. http://t.co/AuXjZdDT 2012-10-10
- Formal education will make you a living, but self education will make you a fortune. Invest in yourself. Learn today. 2012-10-10
- More updates...